Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:44 Wed 23 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
im loving the killer thingy :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:32 Thu 24 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Right a brain wave.

Once a player joins a clan to play in the clan league, i want a thread set up.

Called ''clan league contract thread''

Say when you sign a player to join a clan and then he leaves and does one to another clan, we could have a contract thread and say the player who signs up to the contract thread has to play for that clan for that season
If the player leaves then he can join another clan but not play in the league for them the season upcoming or half way through the season.

Would be good fun! as well as clans able to keep there players!

Just an idea, don't mock it to much lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:42 Thu 24 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
its an alright idea but im not keen on contracts as players should feel happy about being in a clan, we do have your suggestion already in place though and its the transfer window
m_wood
m_wood
20:17 Fri 25 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Current Teams Entered into the Clan League...

Dollars & Sense
Anger Management (Adam Sandler has informed me he will sue)
Black Ballers
The Vikingadons
Cue Empire The Blues
Cue Empire The Mighty Reds
Greatfellas

With Fse, Allstarz to come? Biggest Clan League yet?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:34 Fri 25 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
think so yeah, previous highest is 8 i think
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:46 Fri 25 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
They all have to make it through the friendlies first
adam_147
adam_147
00:44 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
When cue empire red play cue empire blue, who gets the home changing room???
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:07 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
lol if all clans pass the friends then each clan will play each other once and if thats case then its luck of the draw with the fixture generator
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thought if we had 8 we would do two groups?

If we do two groups do we do playoffs or is it promoted/relegated with cup joining them together?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:55 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not sure if groups are worth it, considering we have the cup as a knockout format already.
Divisions don't really make sense until you have 10 teams.
A division of 4 would only yield 6 fixtures again.

8 would be excellent under the current format, because we'd get 7 fixtures (compared to only 5 last season).
adam_147
adam_147
02:51 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
8 also has the advantage of being a power of 2, so no byes in the cup .
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:56 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
we can't do divisions until we have 8 stable clans a stable clan is those who can last for a season, so we have Dollars & Cents, All Starz, Funky Snooker Elite, Vikings and Black Ballers thats 5 at the moment. Goodfellas could be 6 but they are an old clan.

once we have at least 8 stable clans we could try it
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:01 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
But even then- what good is 2 divisions of 4 clans? That mean for a third of the season, you're playing the same damn team lol. With 8 teams, you can play everyone once and have 7 fixtures- all teams get a shot at winning the title.

A division of 4 just sounds really boring to me. Only 6 fixtures in the season and the same opponents over and over again.

Once you get to 10 teams, that's different. That would mean 8 fixtures for each division.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
18:06 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if you did split it in to two division with lets say four clans then you would have to make then play more than once, otherwise you would be on season 100 before the year was out!

A division with four clans is useless anyway so i think the way it is just now is great. If 10 teams where involved then yeah maybe the divisions would work like it does on pool but for now the way it is, is good
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:38 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think if you did split it in to two division with lets say four clans then you would have to make then play more than once, otherwise you would be on season 100 before the year was out!
Yeah, that's why I said divisions of 4 teams would get you 6 fixtures (two against each). But as you said, even that would be very short (like last season). So 7, 8, or 9 teams would actually be very good for us in terms of getting enough games.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
19:12 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, quite sad that the empire clan or what ever they are called couldn't get there third clan into the mix . As if Allstarz entered then it is possible two divisions would work out.

I think people would like the divisions more as if you are in the second division you would only meet the bigger clans in the cup thing, if you lose there then at least you have a chance at winning your division and a trophy in a sense.

If enough teams enter this season and the divisions are able to be done then it would be easy to put them in one as you could take there final standing in the season and put them in the division they fall under, so if ten teams stayed for season after this one then the ones that finished 1 - 5 would be your division one and so on.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:19 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes but what happens if say 4 clans fold and down to 6 clans the next season? even though i like divisions idea i don't think it can be implemented here as..

A) league isn't that popular despite no conflictions
B) If you look at things now with 9 clans at least 3 are struggling because they can't find players or because they moved clans therefore not enough stable clans to consider it
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:26 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm guessing we'll get 7 or 8 that make it through the preseason friendlies. Definitely no divisions for this season.
Minimum 10 needed I think.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
19:32 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes but what happens if say 4 clans fold and down to 6 clans the next season? even though i like divisions idea i don't think it can be implemented here as..

A) league isn't that popular despite no conflictions
B) If you look at things now with 9 clans at least 3 are struggling because they can't find players or because they moved clans therefore not enough stable clans to consider it

What to you think happens James? Obviously the divisions would not be possible. That was a rather stupid question
m_wood
m_wood
19:39 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What about making the Cup Semi Final a 2 legged affair so more of the team are competing so it feels like most of the team got them there rather than 40% of it.

Example
Monkey Boners Vs Gok Wans Glasses first Leg
6v6 or 5v5

And in the 2nd leg
Gok Wans Glasses vs Monkey Boners 2nd Leg
6v6 or 5v5 different players

So if it is a draw after all games like 50-50.. then the Away Frames rule kicks into effect
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.