League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:44 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What about making the Cup Semi Final a 2 legged affair so more of the team are competing so it feels like most of the team got them there rather than 40% of it.
So the players from the first leg would not be allowed to play in the second leg?
Because otherwise, this would actually cut the number of different players that compete in the cup, since both teams would play their top 6 each time.
m_wood
m_wood
19:47 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well the thinking behind my idea was pretty much that not enough of a squad IMO play in the Cup being as you select your Best 6 for instance all the time... and if you have a squad of 16, thats 10 players who dont play it sorta thing.

And if it would to happen it would have to be 5v5s... so 10 players would be used with 6 possible Subs if teams have the Maximum Team.

So its more of a Team progressing rather than the best 6 in the team continually.

Edited at 16:50 Sat 26/05/12 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:47 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm guessing we'll get 7 or 8 that make it through the preseason friendlies. Definitely no divisions for this season.
Minimum 10 needed I think.

yeah not just 10 but 10 that can stay active after a season so far we have 5 from last season so not even close yet
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:49 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Well the thinking behind my idea was pretty much that not enough of a squad IMO play in the Cup being as you select your Best 6 for instance all the time... and if you have a squad of 16, thats 10 players who dont play it sorta thing.
Yeah, at the moment cup games are 7 vs 7.
Two options are
-to increase it to 9 vs 9
-Play two legs with players who played in the first leg not allowed to play in the second leg.

I do like the sound of two legs, although we'd have to see how it fits in the schedule.
m_wood
m_wood
19:52 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think 2 Leg Semi Final would be the way to go and you cannot use the same Team for Leg 2...

This would make interesting Team Sheet Selections Also for Captains... do they pick their full strengh team in Leg 1? Or Leg 2? Or Balance it out... could be fun tactically for the Captains to make these choices.

But the Main Point being, that more people are involved in the Cup Competition.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:00 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
on the downside to this not everyone wants to play every game type (e.g. osullivan34 won't play carom) so may put teams at a disadvantage? i like it the way it is tbh
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:00 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Monkey Boners Vs Gok Wans Glasses

That was the most random thing ever, had me rolling around laughing at that, nice one
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:34 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmm I like the sound of two legs for cup semis. Would make team choice different. And give a chance for a comeback if one team wins first leg by miles.
Also players should be up for playing any type so can't really say that it would be a disadvantage as they have the same oppurtunity as everyone else to practice any type.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:41 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Maybe try to 9 vs 9 like Seb suggested for the first round of the cup next season. If there are too many defaults scrap it and go back to normal.

Two legs imo take away a bit from the knockout aspect of the cup because if you lose in the first leg it doesn't matter because you can pull it back in the second leg.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:55 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Can I just point out that having a 2 legged match for the Cup would bring the potential for cup games to be drawn.

I have to be honest and say i'd agree with Alex, although I do appreciate the bit of strategy it may bring when selecting your 1st and 2nd legged line ups.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:58 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Whilst I'm here a quick word about Killer. Not sure if your going to do something with it this season with regards to having an effect on the League but maybe a little friendly Killer could be organised with an even number from each clan.

I would say 2 people per team but if 8+ teams were in the League then you could split it into two semis, with each clan having 3 players in their semi-final.

Example:
Semi Final 1 - FSE, D&C, Vikings, B-Ballers (2 teams progressing to final)

Semi Final 2 - Blue, Red, AM, GF

How to win?

I see 2 ways of doing this, it's either last man standing wins it for their clan, (in the case of the semi finals then once all 3 of your clan's players are out then your clan is out. First 2 clans to lose all 3 of their players knocked out.

Or the points way, whereby points are allocated based on where each player finishes. For example

Winner - 15 points
Runner Up - 12 points
3rd place - 10 points
and so on.. Then once the game is over, each clans total points for the game are calculated with the top 2 going through. I like this as it's aimed at all 3 players having to do well, with this your 3 players could have 2 players out first, with the other winning and still fail to get through on points, whereas with the other system it only takes 1 player to win and the clan is through.

However, I appreciate it would be very difficult to organise this amount of people to be online at the same time, so games would have to be pre-organised.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:36 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
If we did a killer cup i think i would do it like this Cup but instead of one of each type it would be one game of 3 v 3 team killer where the last team standing would be winner think its a better way as its just 1 clan you have to organise with.

i want to see how killer does in the friendlies and the league (if implemented) before contemplating a killer cup
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Sat 26 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I would do killer only as a cup instead of adding to the league tho!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:52 Sun 27 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No I think the idea for killer is better in the league not the cup.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:44 Sun 27 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
What will definitely happen for now is that killer will be part of the preseason friendlies.
Whether it gets implemented for the league depends on how the trial goes. I don't think it will be part of the cup.

mooney- is your idea a completely separate killer competition?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:05 Sun 27 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, it's in effect a clan killer tournament, maybe for fun but it might develop into another side-event.

Would probably have to be at a set time set by the League runners and then captains would have like a week to find out who could play for their clan.

Difficult to implement in the Cup, however you could add a 2v2 (4 man killer) game to league fixtures. Award 3 points to winner, 2 for Runner up and 1 point for 3rd, keeping to the 6 point league games.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:21 Sun 27 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, but I don't think killer is really needed in the cup. We don't have to force it. Who knows- maybe it won't work out at all.

What I worry about with a killer side event is that people will lose interest and quit playing it, similar to the individual leagues on pool. If you want to try to run one, go for it!
I'll help, but I don't think I'll be the main runner of that.
adam_147
adam_147
03:27 Sun 27 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just on the previous idea, I don't like the idea of a 2 leg cup format with different teams. The point of the cup is that it is the best of each clan playing each other across every game type.

How would it look if Chelsea rolled up for the 2nd leg of the Champions League semi only to be told "sorry Terry, Lampard, you played last game so you aren't allowed to play now"... ludicrous.
m_wood
m_wood
20:24 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The point is Adam that more people are involved.
a Team of 16.. the same 7 people playing in the Cup, how do you think the 11 unused players feel about this? Thats the point.

Can change the Cup Format for this Season to see how it goes.

Anyway! 9 teams in the League... An odd number for fixtures
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:31 Mon 28 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
the idea for the clan cup is about unpredictability i feel raising numbers or having 2 legs takes that away.

sure other 9 don't mind as such as some of them doesn't want to play each type or may want to save themselves to be a sub and i feel it could increase defaults.

maybe increase it to 9 v 9 for the final but for other rounds i like it way it is
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.