Interested in clans?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
roxbury_100
roxbury_100
12:46 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks like I'm going to need a name soon then I am open to suggestion.

Also we now have etarvt
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:49 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Going to start signups now for Season XIX.

We used signups thread before but been archived so will be using Team Changes thread for the signups.

Post your team with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 players on the Team Changes thread here. Don't Number or Bullet them please for easy Copy and Paste access.

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/10013/clan-league-team-changes

Signups will be open until Wednesday Morning at Midday then any clans who haven't signed up won't be entered. Even if all signups post today, i want to give time for late comers to join teams so wouldn't ask for lists for friendlies tomorrow.

On Tuesday Night (if online) i'll be checking accounts i don't recognise (All above are fine) but if Captains give me their word that their players are legit then i'll believe them.

Cheers.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:52 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So far we then have these clans (with members in brackets):

3 Minimum, 8 Maximum

Don't forget to choose a name Rox

Heaven and Hell (count_raven, bigbaz199, quickpot_147, buckjam, kilimanjaro, sarahh)

Big Breakers (destroyer_v2, mightypot000, fastboysam, yorkshirelad, sarah)

Anger Management (thegame26, joeyy, fizstarrrr, dgeneratio, crazy_greg, elgoog, virtuoso147_)

Dead Meat (immortal, dvz, mr_legend, w_hoolahan, booby_trap, vixen_xox, gerard_m, horse10000) *FULL*

Rox's Clan (roxbury_100, intincros, jimi_clapton, kyle_147, pilbyjoel, m_wood, etarvt)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:55 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Looks like I'm going to need a name soon then I am open to suggestion.

Also we now have etarvt

Nice, as we have Greg i turned down Harry and never messaged the Robot, Greg doesn't like to share you see

Yep fairly soon, use RNG (Random Name Generator ), Long as it isn't a name used as its copyrighted (not literally but same basics)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:16 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Daviking and allypunk in big breakers
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:41 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
By the way guys, If all 5 clans fill up before Wednesday, i'll ask for signups early.

- Anger and Meat are full
- Breakers and Rox's need one player
- Heaven need two players

While i'm confident i could ask for lists tomorrow without clans filling up then others may miss out if they want to play.

I'll be adding quarantine back into the league as well which means new signings wouldn't be able to play if a fixture is already out except in emergencies.

cheers
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:43 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
So far we then have these clans (with members in brackets):

3 Minimum, 8 Maximum

Don't forget to choose a name Rox

Dead Meat, Big Breakers and Anger have all signed up so far.

Heaven and Hell (count_raven, bigbaz199, quickpot_147, buckjam, kilimanjaro, sarahh)

Big Breakers (destroyer_v2, mightypot000, fastboysam, yorkshirelad, sarah, daviking, allypunk)

Anger Management (thegame26, joeyy, fizstarrrr, dgeneratio, crazy_greg, elgoog, virtuoso147_, legend_pot) *FULL*

Dead Meat (immortal, dvz, mr_legend, w_hoolahan, booby_trap, vixen_xox, gerard_m, horse10000) *FULL*

Rox's Clan (roxbury_100, intincros, jimi_clapton, kyle_147, pilbyjoel, m_wood, etarvt)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:48 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just ask for the lists mate, allow some leniency in the pre season games to clans if they sign someone up during the games and allow them too play if the clan needs them to. It is pre season for a reason its not like you would allow it for the league or cup games mate.

Sooner it starts the better if you ask me, site is lively right now because of this going on. I may speak for some from pool in saying that we are bored of waiting for new season there already and we have three leagues there. You guys have not had a season here in few months so im sure most are itching too get playing.
mightypot000
mightypot000
23:21 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Just ask for the lists mate, allow some leniency in the pre season games to clans if they sign someone up during the games and allow them too play if the clan needs them to. It is pre season for a reason its not like you would allow it for the league or cup games mate.

Sooner it starts the better if you ask me, site is lively right now because of this going on. I may speak for some from pool in saying that we are bored of waiting for new season there already and we have three leagues there. You guys have not had a season here in few months so im sure most are itching too get playing.

I agree mate i am itching to play, but to be fair if this is rushed it can go t1ts up, and we all wouldnt want that first season back
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:43 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree it is boring but patience is a virtue, If myself and Rich didn't merge it would have been at least a week before starting the sign up process.

I also need time to check Excel while still having Pool's League to code as well.

I don't want to rush things and i feel rushed as it is, i want to take my time and a week isn't long to wait compared to two weeks or more on Pool.

Hope you understand but i like to plan ahead with all my events properly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:46 Fri 27 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't mind at all mate, you know me and i know the work that goes into a league, did do it for five seasons. Was just speaking maybe for a few others.
virtuoso147_
virtuoso147_
14:17 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
what happened to assasins?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:23 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
what happened to assasins?

I couldn't get the players and neither could Richie so we merged so season could start faster
m_wood
m_wood
18:04 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I dont think signups are needed as pretty much every team is good to go now.

And in my view, we dont need pre season friendlies, they would just be a waste of time and a waste of a set

Just get the captains to submit their teamlist and we can start play late sunday night/monday

As for updating excel and stuff, its ongoing anyway so update when you can

Strike whilst the irons hot
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:21 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Snookers always had Pre Seasons and that won't ever change, Established Clans had to endure it before also.

I can start lists tomorrow but what about the players who may want to join then can't play because i'm rushing to get fixtures out? During the friendlies you also have to follow league rules which would also include Quarantine as i'm using Quarantine during the season so anyone who would want to play can't.

Pre Season cuts out struggling clans right away and you have an indication on who is inactive. I'll leave signups open until Monday Night, Tuesday do Pre Seasons Draw (Or before if every clan is in, Just Roxbury's Clan to Signup) then release when i get all the lists.

Not going to Rush Head First, i want to prepare and gives time for newer players to join clans, For example Mighty Pot left Big Breakers so he may be looking for a new clan. I have to think of everyone, I know how bored people are but without the merge you would be waiting longer and i'm doing fixtures next week.

Apologies but i've never rushed a season and usually a week break between seasons, This part is that break even though it had a 4 month absence.
buckjam
buckjam
18:50 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I dont think signups are needed as pretty much every team is good to go now.

And in my view, we dont need pre season friendlies, they would just be a waste of time and a waste of a set

Just get the captains to submit their teamlist and we can start play late sunday night/monday

As for updating excel and stuff, its ongoing anyway so update when you can

Strike whilst the irons hot

Who the blummin hell is m_wood. Never heard of the guy. I should just do what you normally do James, he hasnt a clue what he's talking about
m_wood
m_wood
18:50 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Its simple really, adjust with the times

All teams have the correct amount of players now.
No teams should struggle, as all members have said they want to join.
If a team struggles in a set then thats the way it goes and cross that bridge if it comes to it. But its wasting a set on pre-season when the numbers arent what they once were when it was needed.

If players want to join during the fixture, let them join and be allowed to play straight away as a sub

There is no need for such a delay, this can be started tomorrow night

All thats needed is team lists from Captains sent for fixtures and thats it. It can begin. Rather than waiting another week for sign ups to be complete, and another fortnight for pre season, before we actually get anywhere. Thrash it out

Captains send teams and we can begin! Simples
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:03 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I like being old fashioned

But its wasting a set on pre-season when the numbers arent what they once were when it was needed.

It isn't a waste at all, Clans would probably pass but it is a test at getting fixtures done in a time period and then you can root out inactives before official season.

If players want to join during the fixture, let them join and be allowed to play straight away as a sub

It used to be like that but with 4 or 5 subs free, there isn't much excuse. I upped it to 8 so i could use Quarantine and if i allow no quarantine, i may as well remove the cap counter. It used to be only 2 or 3 subs so it worked, i've almost doubled since.

There is no need for such a delay, this can be started tomorrow night

All thats needed is team lists from Captains sent for fixtures and thats it. It can begin. Rather than waiting another week for sign ups to be complete, and another fortnight for pre season, before we actually get anywhere. Thrash it out

Already said about Quarantine being in the League and i have to think of everyone here. Won't start any earlier than Monday for lists. I ask for lists on Monday (if Rox signs up before name can wait) along with a Pre Season Draw.

Pre Season will be in the League, Always has, Always will far as i'm concerned but it is important for qualification into the league. League will start next week in my own time, i won't rush into it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:33 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree on one thing what what M_wood said and that is we could start tomorrow or Monday easily. Even with pre season games James. If a team gains a player in those pre season games then allow him or her too play as long as they meet the requirements of the quarantine.

Let's face it these are the only teams that are going too be in the league for at least this season as the players left that are "interested" have not been asked to join for a reason. You know as do everyone else the chances of another clan coming in is slim and that is why ou and Rich had too merge the other day.

I see no reason as too why we can not get it going in the next day or so, even if it means you want to put us through a pre season. I hate pre season but i had too do it on pool as well, no harm in starting it sooner than you wanted, it won't ruin anything especially the quarantine thing.

Just too add yes it should be on your time i agree with that but who is too say next week many get bored of waiting then can not be bothered as a whole.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:46 Sat 28 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Quarantine is that when fixtures started and then they're eliminated for the rest of the Set, If i started it tomorrow, Mighty Pot would have to wait 3 weeks to join a clan potentially and would go for anyone else as well so would be no requirements. It wouldn't be fair or right.

I don't want to rush, i've got too much going on. Snooker Excel after Pool, Tanks Marathon next month and three pool events to maintain. I can only do so much and already stressing out.

If people can't wait a few days after waiting four months for the league to come back, it isn't my problem.

Already said that i'll close signups on Monday Night (Lets hope Roxbury signs up by then as i have a system to stick to) then i'll do a draw and ask for lists then quicker Captains send in lists then quicker fixtures would be out.

Stressing as i want to get Excel over with which means i can't play Funky but i want to play Funky and Relax but if i Relax too much i miss out on Excel and feel rushed.

I won't be pressured into starting early, people can wait a few days. Sorry i know people want season to start ASAP (mainly because Pool is out) but i have feelings and only one person can do so much. I also have Defaults Team to bring back.

People are also forgetting that if me and Rich didn't merge, it could have taken weeks for us to find players, out of the 10-15 i wanted to message, only curt joined, Sam already asked and Greg was already in so they didn't count.
Pages: 1910
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Interested in clans?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.