League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15758
msl
msl
15:58 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah pirate_steve and I are discussing the more detailed parts to how the divisions will work. Would be great if you guys could focus discussion on the game type because this is the toughest decision. We are looking to focus on just the one League at the moment, rather then splitting it into two sperate (Arc & Orig for example)

So, what do people think would be most popular?

- Pure Arc
- Pure Reg
- Pure Orig
- Mixed (Arc,Reg,Orig)
- All (Arc,Reg,Orig,Carom,Power)
- Players choice (Each player chooses the game types for half of the fixture. This could be limited to Arc/Reg/Orig, or open)

Thoughts please!
And if anyone has any other suggestions, lets hear them
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
16:03 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
id say arcade cuz im rubbish at the rest but i doo like the players choice could work it as home and away fixture and who ever is at home is to pick the game type has to tell a runner what the type would be
msl
msl
16:09 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
id say arcade cuz im rubbish at the rest but i doo like the players choice could work it as home and away fixture and who ever is at home is to pick the game type has to tell a runner what the type would be

Home and Away is something we are considering yeah. But players would probably only play each other once per season (will depend on the numbers). So the choices would be within the fixture. So say it was 6 frames.. Player 1 would pick 3, Player 2 would pick 3. That way, you are guaranteed to play 3 that you enjoy, the other 3 are a gamble. Means everyones happy
msl
msl
16:12 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
By the way Beth, would be great if you could encourage your clan members to have their say too. We need to base the decisions on the majority of players preferences, not just the ones who can be bothered to post here
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
16:14 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Home and Away is something we are considering yeah. But players would probably only play each other once per season (will depend on the numbers). So the choices would be within the fixture. So say it was 6 frames.. Player 1 would pick 3, Player 2 would pick 3. That way, you are guaranteed to play 3 that you enjoy, the other 3 are a gamble. Means everyones happy

that actully sounds intresting but would the pick between them selfs then play or would they have to tell the runner no but then again if it got played that be all that matters i guess
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
16:14 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
By the way Beth, would be great if you could encourage your clan members to have their say too. We need to base the decisions on the majority of players preferences, not just the ones who can be bothered to post here
will post somthing
msl
msl
16:18 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
that actully sounds intresting but would the pick between them selfs then play or would they have to tell the runner no but then again if it got played that be all that matters i guess

No, when you post the results like normal, you would just say... So and so picked ____ and I picked ____

Also, the choices wouldn't have to be all the same, you could pick 1 Arc, 1 Reg and 1 Orig if you wished.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:49 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that a pure arcade league would be a lottery but you have to include arcade to avoid alienating half the players. I like the idea of players' choice as it adds an extra layer of strategy to the games.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:26 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Personally I would rather arcade. But that's because I haven't played regular in ages due to lack of players during the day.

I wouldn't enter an orig tournament. And probably couldn't enter at all anyway because I have no clan haha
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:09 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Im in favor of a mixed league, similar or the same as the format for "mixed" games in the league.
The next-best alternative would be a player's choice system, although I think carom has to be excluded. I can think of a dozen players that would not join for fear of having to play carom.

Im still looking to keep the Player's Championship- it could act as a "cup" for this new league anyway...
acepotter25
acepotter25
18:20 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think mixed is the best way to go, players might view one type as boring or repetitive so I think mixed with give a bit of variety.... that or players choice
msl
msl
18:23 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Im in favor of a mixed league, similar or the same as the format for "mixed" games in the league.
The next-best alternative would be a player's choice system, although I think carom has to be excluded. I can think of a dozen players that would not join for fear of having to play carom.

Im still looking to keep the Player's Championship- it could act as a "cup" for this new league anyway...

I like the sound of that. Is the Players Champ voluntary or the one where everyone is in from the start? We could perhaps do it where all the players from the Individual League Divisions are entered
msl
msl
18:25 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think mixed is the best way to go, players might view one type as boring or repetitive so I think mixed with give a bit of variety.... that or players choice

The variety is what I like best about the Players Choice option. If we went with that, each fixture players would be playing something slightly different - keeps it interesting and as you say, avoids it becoming too repetitive.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:37 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I like the sound of that. Is the Players Champ voluntary or the one where everyone is in from the start? We could perhaps do it where all the players from the Individual League Divisions are entered
It's the one where all players are entered automatically.
Assuming only players from the league are allowed to enter the new individual league, it would remain the same. If others are allowed to play, we would simply add them into the Player's Championship as well.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:00 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Players Choice between Arc, Reg and Orig. If players want to choose Carom or Power (Seb vs Slatty and Etarvt vs Adam etc) then they should be allowed as long as the opponent doesn't mind.
alex_lewis
alex_lewis
21:04 Sat 24 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
My favourite is Pure arc

But I'll settle with any of them. I'll take you all down
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
01:54 Sun 25 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it should be arcade as it will generate the most interest and gives everyone a chance in a game.

Then if successful try another one next time.

Too many people will be put off by original and carom as one is more difficult and the other completely stupid.

sarahh
sarahh
01:57 Sun 25 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i do like the idea of a individual league , i wouldnt mind what type it would be , i would be worried about unrealable players tho ., it can really ruin things and be very frustrating to the other members , thats the only real problem i can see , if msl and pirate run things , i can see it being ran smoothly
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:16 Sun 25 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it should be arcade as it will generate the most interest and gives everyone a chance in a game.

Then if successful try another one next time.
but this is meant to be a continuous competition with promotion and relegation. You cant have people being promoted on the merit of their arcade play in one season and then switch it to orig the next. It has to be one repeated league, that's why i would go for the mixed version (without carom/power).
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:21 Sun 25 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i do like the idea of a individual league , i wouldnt mind what type it would be , i would be worried about unrealable players tho ., it can really ruin things and be very frustrating to the other members , thats the only real problem i can see , if msl and pirate run things , i can see it being ran smoothly
msl and pirate would be running it and i would of course help out if needed.
And yes, the problem of players quitting midway is the biggest risk. Either way, the first one or two "seasons" of this will be difficult to run and we will have to improve parts of it to make it succeed.
Pages: 15758
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.