New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 156
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:59 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
haha yeah, you know what would be funny, be able to see opponents cursor all the time rather than the odd known glitches.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:02 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hey nick, i like the medals system (just saw the first one on i_am_god's page, but you're going to run out of space fairly soon if you keep them this big...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:04 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
medals tab on profile would be better rather than on profile itself.
nick
nick
Admin
02:06 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
hey nick, i like the medals system (just saw the first one on i_am_god's page, but you're going to run out of space fairly soon if you keep them this big...

Multiple medals of the same type will just be shown with the number.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:19 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
^ah ok good. that works
osullivan34
osullivan34
03:16 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hi everyone

here's a suggestion:

we should get extra points if we can make a maximum break
during the tournament..

what do you think?

cheers
blutch
blutch
10:09 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's an awesome update Nick!
That for sure will make me play in tournaments again.

Congratulations and thanks for all the recent updates!
greatest
greatest
13:52 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
still not got my head round this

Rank change-does this affect only tournament players or everybody? I take it i wont be able to enjoy friendly games anymore?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:56 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
everyone mate you can enter friendlies as normal.

lost in semis but 13 points up overall in arcade, not bad since i havent played arcade in 2 months lol
greatest
greatest
15:14 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
both my power and original rank have dipped below 800,i dont like that at all there arent enough hours in the day to play every game on here to a decent standard,seems to be penalising players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think what is happening here is to shift the priority on players minds to Tournaments as the 'showpiece' feature on the site with Tournapoints. As opposed to the common view of players caring a great deal about their rank. Don't forget we still have a maximum ranking stat which clearly shows you are capable of reaching that rank.
greatest
greatest
15:21 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
this is making funky less enjoyable to be honest.
mosconi
mosconi
15:38 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
this is making funky less enjoyable to be honest.

Although i played it for fun, i also liked to see how high i could get in the rankings.

I will now just let my rank fall and just enter tournaments as i have always preferred to enter tournaments.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:44 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
well, since tournaments are ranked, your rank wont actually fall if you play tournaments...
mosconi
mosconi
15:48 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
If nick's aim is to make the tournaments the main focal point of the site then i have this suggestion..

I think with the TournaPoints idea i would like to see something along these lines....

1 special (don't really know what to call it lol) tournament (with TournaPoints) per week for each discipline.
So per year...

52 arcade special tournaments
52 regular special tournaments
52 original special tournaments
52 carom special tournaments
52 power snooker special tournaments

These would be 'showpiece' tournaments.

This would then show who the best tournament player for each discipline for the whole year was (they could then win a special medal for this).

Some players don't like playing a certain discipline so won't enter those tournaments so gives them less of a chance of doing well in the TournaPoints rankings list.

This idea would make it similar to the real life world ranking snooker tour where players play a certain number of ranking events and you see who is top of the rankings at the end of the year.

I don't know how you would implement this but it's just a suggestion.

What do people think?

Edited at 13:52 Tue 23/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:49 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
how do the amount of points work out per tourney, as in it says there are 600 points up for grabs, does it depend on the ammount of players in the tourney
mosconi
mosconi
15:51 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
well, since tournaments are ranked, your rank wont actually fall if you play tournaments...

I mean i won't bother with playing ranked games and worrying about my ranking anymore, just concentrate on the TournaPoints list.

I've found that very few higher or similar ranked players enter tournaments but lots of lower ranked players do enter and i'm not big headed to say that i will win every tournament, i will lose games so my ranking will fall, i suspect, rather than rise.
mosconi
mosconi
15:53 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
quick_play said:
how do the amount of points work out per tourney, as in it says there are 600 points up for grabs, does it depend on the ammount of players in the tourney

I think its 20 points per entry, so if 10 players enter, there is 200 points available with 70% going to the winner, 20% to runner up, 5% to semi fialists.

Don't quote me on it but i think that's how it works.
greatest
greatest
15:56 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i'll let all my ranks die apart from killer i think,just play friendlies and swerve tournaments as usual. Its silly that you have to let a rank go because you won the points fairly,now they get taken away unfairly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:03 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
greatest said:
i'll let all my ranks die apart from killer i think,just play friendlies and swerve tournaments as usual. Its silly that you have to let a rank go because you won the points fairly,now they get taken away unfairly.

Nothing has been introduced which takes points away unfairly.
Pages: 156
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.