New Tournament Competition, Big Update!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:57 Mon 22 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
correct, say you was an 800 and played a 650 in original you would lose 10-13 normally, in tournaments you would lose 20-26 per game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:01 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
quick_play said:
well im not playing this now, i cant join tourneys because im a newbie

So stop resetting your account?

g_echo_l said:
they still get a random tournament win on their profile. Which leads back to devaluing of tournaments as i stated earlier.

This is a issue related to who should be eligible for random tournaments, please stop falsely extrapolating it to a critique of the entire system.
It devalues the random tournament. is that better?
sarahh
sarahh
00:05 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
whats the point of a random tourney if only 2 people join ?
si123
si123
00:07 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Now maybe because all tournys are ranked, people will stop caring and more will enter?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:08 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hopefully simon, hopefully

Think thats Nicks goal and hopefully it works

By the way, I actually do love the whole points idea
si123
si123
00:12 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
The points idea is good, but I wont be entering many tournys now I liked the fact I could play a 750 and not care now the game gone alot more serious and I like to enjoy myself on here it used to be fun!
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:19 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it's all a matter of your point of view. It's just as easy to say people have been taking things far too seriously up till now, not playing ranked in case they lose, or drop below 800 etc etc. Now, just play the way you want and your rank will reflect that. No more moaning about people playing above of below their rank, being "fake newbies" or whatever.

g_echo_l said:
It devalues the random tournament. is that better?

Surely the opposite is the case? The random tournament is currently very exlcusive and so most prestigious of all.

Given a few months when things have settled down, everyone will be able to enter and it'll be back to being just another tournament.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
spinner said:
g_echo_l said:
t devalues the random tournament. is that better?

Surely the opposite is the case? The random tournament is currently very exlcusive and so most prestigious of all.

Given a few months when things have settled down, everyone will be able to enter and it'll be back to being just another tournament.
I have no problem with it being "exclusive" just that it is too exclusive. I did say earlier that in awhile more people will be able to enter and it will be better but we will have to differ in opinion on it being prestigious to win a tournament that only an exclusive group can enter.
In my opinion, it is more prestigous to win a tournament that has 200 entrants than 2 entrants
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:29 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
It would be, if it wasn't for the fact there is a "qualification" factor involved. If it were just that only 2 people were allowed to enter period, that would be different.
baff
baff
Admin
00:43 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about ....I agree with spinner's post about "exclusivity"

There are thousands of members (at least hundreds) who could have entered the random tournament this evening ...
that they chose not to is .... unfortunate, or fortuitous, depending on your point of view

I look forward to playing g_echo_l in the semis tomorrow evening lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
thats only 50 original, 50 carom and 20 power to be played before tomorrow evening

Il see you there and il win
nick
nick
Admin
00:49 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I wanted to play the random but:

my_home_page said:

Carom: You need to play 34 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag
Power Snooker: You need to play 36 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag
Regular Snooker: You need to play 29 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag

Basically I've only an average of 17 games in 3 of the required events, and that includes the 8 games I played today to try and resolve this.... I suspect quite a few other people are playing a few games to lose some newbie tags.

(Note, next patch will rename these goals as You need to play 29 more ranked games before you can enter a Regular Snooker Tournament.)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:58 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
by the way, an overlooked and i think very good little update is the box that has us confirm that we are in the tourney to play it! i like the new system nick. and the randoms will fix themselves...
i_am_god
i_am_god
01:06 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
its superb!!!!!!
eemad
eemad
01:15 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
I wanted to play the random but:

my_home_page said:

Carom: You need to play 34 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag
Power Snooker: You need to play 36 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag
Regular Snooker: You need to play 29 more ranked games to lose your newbie tag

Basically I've only an average of 17 games in 3 of the required events, and that includes the 8 games I played today to try and resolve this.... I suspect quite a few other people are playing a few games to lose some newbie tags.

(Note, next patch will rename these goals as You need to play 29 more ranked games before you can enter a Regular Snooker Tournament.)

Power Snooker Ranked - eemad (1) 816-26 (0) nick (nick concedes)
RANKINGS: eemad 716.3 (+2.4), nick 697.7 (-2.3)

Just to rub a bit of salt into wound nick.

All this seems great to me (even though I can't enter a tourny yet) Bringing the site forward!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:41 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
^oh dear nick.
surely you could program some sort of cheat for yourself
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:43 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
you mean like modded mouses and J-Tagged computers
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:45 Tue 23 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]